(1) Basic Principles on the Protection of Personal Information and Specific Personal Information
Nichirei Fresh Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Nichirei Fresh”) believes the protection of personal information and specific personal information (refer to *1 for definitions of “personal information” and “specific personal information”) received from customers and other stakeholders is the company’s social obligation. It shall appropriately handle this information according to the following Protection Policy.
(2) Protection Policy
- 1. To gain the trust of customers and other stakeholders, Nichirei Fresh shall conform to guiding principles determined by the national government and other standards when handling personal information and specific personal information, including laws and ordinances (such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure) and various types of guidelines.
- 2. When Nichirei Fresh receives personal information or specific personal information, it shall obtain agreement in advance from the subject of the information, or clearly indicate the purpose for using the information via a suitable method such as sending a notice to the subject of the information, posting a notice on the website, etc. Nichirei Fresh shall not use the provided personal information or specific personal information outside of the scope required to achieve the usage purposes, and shall take measures to this end.
- 3. Nichirei Fresh shall not provide personal information or specific personal information to a third party except when contracting out the handling of information to a third party within the scope required to achieve the usage purposes, or when providing information to a third party in a suitable manner based on laws, ordinances, etc.
- 4. Nichirei Fresh shall make efforts to maintain personal information or specific personal information in a correct, up-to-date form within the scope required to achieve the usage purposes. It shall take the appropriate safety management efforts to prevent the unauthorized access of personal information or specific personal information, or the leakage of, destruction of, or damage to personal information or specific personal information. If it judges that improvements are required, it shall take corrective actions.
- 5. Nichirei Fresh shall respond promptly when it receives a request regarding personal information or specific personal information, including to disclose the usage purposes of, correct, or stop utilization, or when it receives a complaint or consultation.
- 6. Nichirei Fresh shall create and maintain in-house systems to suitably and safely protect personal information or specific personal information, and make efforts for continual improvement.
Yoshifumi Kaneko, president
Nichirei Fresh Inc.
*1 Personal information and specific personal information
“Personal information” and “specific personal information” are clearly differentiated in this policy. The definitions of these terms are as follows.
- Personal information:
- Personal information not including individual numbers (according to the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure)
- Specific personal information:
- Individual numbers and personal information including applicable individual numbers.
Nichirei Group’s personal information
(1) Application range
It does not apply to persons or corporations not directly connected to the website.
(2) Information collection and usage
When customers use this website, Nichirei Fresh asks for personal information such as customer names and e-mail addresses, however this is limited to as much as is necessary for the purpose of using the services in this website.
In addition, more detailed information may be asked for depending on the type of service(s) used.
Information such as customer IP addresses, cookie information, and pages viewed is automatically obtained from customer browsers and recorded by the server for this website, however this does not identify customers.
Nichirei Fresh uses this information for the following four purposes.
- In order to enrich products and website services
- In order to send products, catalogs, and informational documentation
- In order to inform customers about information on new services, new products, etc.
- In order to customize contents on this website so that they will be more easily understandable when viewed by customers
(3) About security
In order to protect customer information, this website implements a Digital ID issued by VeriSign Japan K.K. and utilizes SSL encryption transmission for the "Personal Information Input Page". When using pages encrypted with SSL (pages with a URL that begins with https://), please set your browser so that it uses SSL.
*Caution: The browser setting method for usage of SSL differs depending on the browser.
(4) Changes to this policy